Sunday, April 14, 2013

Foodie Adventure: The Iscreamist - Magiting Street

You pay for the food. You pay for the experience. Better choose what's worth it.

After having great dining experience with Pino Resto Bar and Gayuma ni Maria in Maginhawa street, and Maguro Japanese Restaurant in Matalino street, I am confident Teacher's Village (Quezon City) will not fail me on my next foodie destination: THE ISCREAMIST.

Having seen a lot of it on tv, I decided to hit it, trying to beat the summer heat.

We went back to Maguro Japanese Restaurant for lunch. It was a great value for 120Php for a beef Teriyaki meal, comparing it to other known Japanese fastfood (na itago natin sa pangalang Tokyo Tokyo at Karate Kid). It was around 5PM when we arrived, and yes, this is lunch time after over sleeping on the weekends! Haha! 



After lunch, we rode a tricycle for 25Php straight to Magiting Street. I don't know exactly where it is located. We told Manong Driver that we are bound for The Iscreamist but it seems like he doesn't know as well so we just decided to walk from Ministop.

Remembering the photos I have seen in Google, it should have blue indoor color. We walked past Moonleaf and found a rather small place with blue lighting but was hesitant to enter because it doesn't have the usual outer-space-intergalactic-futuristic-inspired restaurant banner outside. It is unnamed. But when I saw someone blowing smoke from his mouth, I decided that it is the place.

After the excitement calm down a little, we decided to place our order.




I believe their best-seller is the S'More Dragon's Breath, considering it is what everyone ordered for all the blogs I have read. Unfortunately, it was unavailable when we visited. But don't worry! They have a new variant that's not yet on their menu -- Tiramisu. 65Php for 4 popsicles of Tiramisu and a cup of Liquid Nitrogen.

I have A LOT of Chemist friends and I know Liquid Nitrogen is, based on my own understanding, Nitrogen in liquid form. Akalain mo? Haha! And this is what The Iscreamist is boasting for their uniqueness.






I cannot explain further how much I was excited when I saw our orders approaching our table, after observing how happy the others were playing with their food.












It was a happy experience! Will definitely come back and treat my younger siblings next time. :)

How to go to The Iscreamist:
Ride any form of transportation that will pass in Philcoa. Go to Masaya street where you can find the tricycle station. Tell the driver to drop you off at Magiting street.

1 comment:

  1. Will definitely come back and "treat my younger siblings next time".


    quoted this one sis.. asan na ang libre?? hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete